Friday, January 17, 2014

Limited social spaces in school : Study Corner


Where is she? In school study corner.
What is she doing? Studying.
How she should feel? Inspired, well determined.
How she is actually feeling? She stares at the wall, the wall stares at her. LIFELESS, DULL, BORING!

There was this time where the library and the cafeteria are full when I wanted to do some revision, so i decided to sit at the study corner near the classroom. The study corner has been one of my most visited spots to study.. until today when I started studying, trust me I could not even find inspirations anymore. Every 10 minutes of studying I tend to stare at the blank walls like a fool looking for inspirations.
No offence walls, but I feel so uninspired having to study in front of a white blank wall with no sun light!

What's worst, the study tables are placed in front of classes along the corridor. This is the first time in my life that I have seen such tabled being placed over there.

Some of the students in school complained to me regarding this. At first I feel that It was absolutely fine studying there as I have no problem in concentrating. Nevertheless, I did put myself in their shoes and tried to study there for the last time and yes, I felt how they feel! From there on, I feel that it's the most boring place to study(no offence again).

If i could do something about this, I would placed the tables near the window so that they could at least feel the rays entering through the room.... like this....

row of study tables >> study corner near the window
http://www.college.library.wisc.edu/about/collections/openbook/about.shtml

Or maybe put some posters at the wall so that it wouldn't be boring? Well that's just suggestions to make study corner a better place to socialize with students in a friendly and relaxing environment.


No comments:

Post a Comment